MEMORIAL FUND GUIDELINES
First United Methodist Church of Wabash is privileged to have a Memorial Fund from which we give yearly grants. The grants are given to people who are expanding Jesus’ Kingdom through ministries, programs, and projects. We hope the fund will encourage and challenge individuals and groups and open up new opportunities to serve the Lord.
The grants are matching grants. They may match the money you raise dollar for dollar or two dollars for one dollar maximum. The grants are for one year. Grants can be received by organizations or individuals for three years in a row. After three years of funding, the recipients must wait at least four years before applying again. Information on the screening process is below.1
Applications must be submitted via email, or first class mail, by August 1st of this year (2018). Funding becomes available in 2019.
Your grant requests do not need to be made by a person who is experienced in writing grants, we just need the following information:
1.The name, phone number, email address and address of the group, individual or organization submitting the grant request.
2.The objectives of your project. (What are you doing?)
3. The plan or program of activities designed to achieve the objectives. (How are you going to do “it”?)
4. Total budget for the project.
5. Amount you are requesting.
6. Amount and source of your matching funds.
7. Other sources financing your project.
8. A copy of the audit of your organization’s financial condition for last year.
9. Recipients will need to show the church treasurer how matching funds were obtained and bank statements for proof that the matching funds are on deposit.
10. Recipients will have 18 months after January 1, 2019 to claim funds.
After receiving your application, the Screening Committee may request further information or clarification, either by interview, email, telephone, or in writing.
If you need additional information, please contact us.
First United Methodist Church
Memorial Fund Screening Committee
110 N. Cass Street
Wabash, IN 46992
Operations of the Fund are directed by three committees: The Screening Committee receives all requests for funds, reviews, evaluates, prioritizes, and reports all requests to the Fall Church Conference. The Board of Managers invests Fund assets, reports income, and recommends annual grant amounts. The Oversight Committee administers the disbursal of grants and contract follow up. The Church Conference acts on all requests and makes final decisions on all grants.
Funding is made possible by income earned from gifts and bequests to the fund. If you would like to give to the fund, contact the church…and thank you.