Our church is privileged to have a Memorial Fund from which we give yearly grants. The grants are given to people who are expanding Jesus' Kingdom through ministries, programs, and projects. We hope the grants will encourage and challenge individuals and groups and open up new opportunities to serve the Lord.
The grants are matching grants. They may match the money you raise dollar for dollar or two dollars for one dollar maximum. The grants are for one year. The maximum number of grants is three (3 years). Information on the screening process is below.1
Applications must be turned in or mailed by June 30 of the year in which you are requesting funds. For example, the application needs to be turned in by May 31, 2009 in order to be considered for this year. In your grant requests, which do not need to be written by a person who is experienced in
writing grants, we need the following information:
1. The name and address of the group or organization submitting the grant request
2. The objectives of your project (What are we doing?)
3. The plan or program of activities designed to achieve the objectives (How are we going to do “it”?)
4. Your plan to evaluate your performance against your objectives (How well did we do?)
5. Total budget for the project
6. Amount of this grant request
7. Amount and source of your matching funds
8. Other sources of financing your project
9. A copy of the audit of your organization's financial condition for last year
10. Your plan for continuing the project without the Memorial Fund's support
After receiving your application, the Screening Committee may request additional information or clarification, either by interview, email, phone, or in writing. If you need additional information, contact us.
1 Operations of the Fund are directed by three committees: The Screening committee receives all requests for funds, reviews, evaluates, prioritizes, and reports all requests to the Fall Church Conference.
The Board of Manager invests Fund assets, reports income, and recommends annual grant moneys. The Oversight Committee administers the disbursal of grants and contract follow up.
The Church Conference acts on all requests and makes final decisions on all grants.
Funding is made possible by income earned from gifts and bequests to the Fund.
If you would like to give to the fund, contact the church...and thank you.